[A]ll call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion…”
– George Washington
Today, on the 278th anniversary of George Washington’s birthday, Practical Manliness is finally launched. After months of planning, writing, and researching, we are finally ready to start “applying the historical ideals of manliness to modern men”.
Over the coming weeks and months, I have loads of valuable articles ready to publish, and I hope to run more giveaways as well. Be prepared for an exciting time!
The prize for today’s manly contest is… a shiny new Leatherman Wave multitool!
This is a newer version of the pocket knife that I have carried on my belt for the last few years. Along with my flashlight and wallet, my Leatherman Wave is with me nearly all the time.
One of the best knives available, this multitool will come in handy during nearly any manly project. Whether you’re replacing a broken pipe, fixing your bicycle, or setting up camp, this knife will almost certainly make your task easier.
This versatile multitool includes over seventeen different functions:
- Clip Point Knife (420HC)
- Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife (420HC)
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Hard-wire Cutters
- Wire Stripper
- Large Screwdriver
- Large Bit Driver
- Small Bit Driver
- Wood/Metal File
- Diamond-coated File
- Bottle Opener
- Can Opener
- Ruler (8 in./19 cm.)
How To Enter
Entering to win this manly knife is not very difficult. In fact, you only have to complete two simple steps:
1. Subscribe To Practical Manliness
If you already are subscribed, you can skip to step two.
2. Post A Comment To…
- Tell us you are subscribed (honor system), and
- Share some manly advice. (i.e., some tip that has helped you be a better man)
Once you have completed these two simple steps, you will be entered for a chance to win the Leatherman Wave!
The Selection Process
The contest will end on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
On Monday, March 1, the winner will be randomly chosen and announced on this blog. If you win, you will be notified via email.
The Fine Print
- Giveaway ends on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Standard Time).
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries by the deadline stated above.
- Only one entry per person. (You can comment multiple time, but only the first comment will count.)
- This contest is only open to people in the United States. For those of you outside the US, I hope to make future contests open worldwide.
- Participants who cheat are automatically disqualified.
- My family members are not eligible to enter.